Week 2 of my Holiday To-Do List was:
1) Continue shopping for gifts;
2) Begin buying nonperishable items for Holiday dinners;
3) Decide on table settings and linens, the good china?
4) Stock up on Holiday themed paper products;
5) Decorate for Thanksgiving ;
6) Send out Thanksgiving invites.
1. A good amount of gifts have arrived in the mail waiting to be wrapped. I ordered quite a few more yesterday and will order any remaining on-line purchases at the end of the month. I should be pretty much finished by then.
2. My Mom “shops” her pantry first. She’s a mini grocery store. I’ve got most of my canned goods from her, i.e., cranberry sauce, carnation’s milk, green beans.
3. I am going to use my autumn tablecloth and these adorable pumpkins my Mom made a few years ago will again adorn my table.
Even though it is going to be only three of us for dinner, I am still setting a pretty table, using our good dishes and silverware.
4. We took a trip to Sam’s last weekend and picked up some pretty ornament themed paper products for holiday entertaining.
5. Not many decorations for Thanksgiving, but enough.6. No invites this year. I am alwaysfor my children making new traditions with theirfamilies. This year, my daughter has been working more out of the home and just wants to be home. I know that feeling. She is doing her own cooking and I am so proud of her. And who doesn’t want leftovers?!
Peace and giving,
Hem in your blessing with thankfulness so they don't unravel.
~ Author Unknown