Wow! It's hard to believe that this is the last day of January 2012. We JUST celebrated the New Year. Here in Pittsburgh, we haven't had much of a winter. Yes, we've had cold days, but not much snow. More rain, I think. Anyway, I've been thinking over the past month and here are a few January highlights:
- I chose frugal as my 2012 word, paid taxes and all the utilities, car insurance (oops, check the house insurance), and after food, auto expenses (i.e., fuel, tire seal, oil), parking, and bowling I had $20.00 left over to put in savings (that's a good month!);
- I made a new to me soup, chicken sausage lentil - mmmmm, good;
- Completed scrapbooking the Chicago album and started a Fun in the Sun album;
- Spent more time with my oldest child;
- Attended K's concert recital. Oh, she had her first date and her first kiss;
- Learned how to check the oil in the car; and
- Lost 6 pounds.